|Posted by Thomas David McMurray on October 26, 2020 at 8:50 AM|
Week of Prayer 3 - The Intimacy of Prayer
Orientations, Volume 2, Part A, Chapter 3, John Veltri, S.J.
"Principles of Spiritual Direction" - Robert Moreau
"Characteristics of Good Spiritual Direction"
"Qualities of a Good Spiritual Companion"
"Helpful Tips When Companioning With Your Retreatant"
"Where Do We Experience God?", A Friendship Like No Other, William Barry, S.J.
"Distractions in Prayer," The Ignatian Adventure, O'Brien, p53
"Images of God," The Ignatian Adventure, O'Brien, p 55
Respond to any one or two of the following questions. Post your reflections for the other interns to consider and comment on. Comments (that is, replies to a posting, are to be limited to "affirming," "clarifying," or "mirroring" statements. And, as usual, they are to be non-judgmental avoiding any form of debate.
Questions to consider as you review the reading.
1, What were the highlights of the material for me?
2. What touched me or gave me new or nuanced insights?
3. What challenged me in this material?
4. What connects or resonates with my experience of the Spiritual Exercises
5. What was relevant to my formation as a prayer companion or spiritual director?
6. What would you like to take to prayer?
Categories: RIDL Formation Intern Reflections